QuickTie™ QE-1 Epoxy
Quick-Set Anchoring Epoxy
QuickTieTM QE-1 is a code compliant, 2-component (3:1 mix ratio by volume) high performance cement and silane hybrid anchoring system with an extended installation temperature range from 5 °F to 104 °F (-15 °C to 40 °C). It has been tested for use with threaded rod and reinforcing bar for cracked and uncracked concrete in accordance with ACI 355.4 and ICC-ES AC308 and has unmatched sustained load resistance up to 194 °F (90 °C).
QE-1 offers the highest elevated-temperature creep performance in the market today, while achieving full cure in 45 minutes at 77°F.
General Applications and Uses
- Anchoring threaded rod and reinforcing bar (rebar) into either cracked or uncracked concrete
- Bonding hardened concrete to hardened concrete and freshly mixed concrete to hardened concrete
- Resists static, wind and earthquake loading in tension and shear (IBC Seismic Design Categories A – F)
- All-season hybrid anchoring system for dry, damp & water-saturated concrete
Advantages & Features
- Allowable Stress Design (ASD) service temperature range between 5 °F to 250 °F (-15 °C to 121 °C)
- Strength Design (SD) service temperature range between 5 °F to 302 °F (-15 °C to 150 °C)
- Moisture insensitive formula allows and curing in damp water-saturated environments
- Withstands freeze-thaw conditions
- 12-month shelf life
Approvals and Listings
- Tested to ACI 355.4 and ICC AC308.
- Tested to requirements of FBC 2017, 2014 & 2010.
- Code Compliant with 2012 IBC, 2012 IRC, 2009 IBC, 2009 IRC, 2006 IBC, and 2006 IRC.
- AASHTO M235
- Conforms to requirements of ASTM C 881-14, Types I, II, IV* and V Grade 3 Class A, B & C [*Class A & B only]